The legend that was Robin Williams would have celebrated his 70th birthday on the 22nd July 2022. Alas, the much loved actor took his life in 2014 at the age of 63.
As fans pay homage to his legacy as one of the greatest comedians of all time, with a kind and generous spirit (he often ask companies to hire homeless people before he would agree to work for them–his way of paying it forward), here’s ten Robin William’s quotes to remind you to be kind and live boldly.
1. You’re only given a little spark of madness. You mustn’t lose it.
2. There is still a lot to learn and there is always great stuff out there. Even mistakes can be wonderful.
3. I used to think the worst thing in life was to end up all alone. It’s not. The worst thing in life is to end up with people that make you feel all alone.
4. I think the saddest people always try their hardest to make people happy. Because they know what it’s like to feel absolutely worthless and they don’t want anybody else to feel like that.
5. Seize the day. Because, believe it or not, each and every one of us in this room is one day going to stop breathing.
6. Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.
7. We don’t read and write poetry because it’s cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for.
8. You’re not perfect, sport. And let me save you the suspense. This girl you met, she isn’t perfect either. But the question is whether or not you’re perfect for each other. That’s the whole deal. That’s what intimacy is all about.
9. “Please, don’t worry so much. Because in the end none of us have very long on this earth. Life is fleeting. And if you’re ever distressed, cast your eyes to the summer sky.”
10. You must strive to find your own voice because the longer you wait to begin, the less likely you are to find it at all.
If you enjoy my musing and want to support my writing, send me a $1.00 tip! Your support is much appreciated!
Will you find your voice and roar for freedom? For yourself and the good of the pride that is humanity? Check out my book Find Your Roar: Feminine Assertiveness and become a feminine force to be reckoned with. Click the link below to download.
(c) Samantha Wilson 2021. All Rights Reserved.